It was perhaps a mistake to let year 3 use the Chromebooks before I had fully tested them and passed on a list of 'Dos and Don'ts' to my colleagues. However, the ICT suite was otherwise occupied, the Chromebooks were available and the Year 3 teacher has a proven track record at being highly successful at teaching ICT.
- They must connect successfully to the school's wifi;
- They must connect through the school / district proxy server;
- The children must remember (and be able to type) their username;
- The children must remember their password.
- Make sure all the students have working Logins to the Google Apps domain.
- Make sure that the students are familiar with logging on to the Google Apps domain.
- Be prepared to restart the odd chromebook just because it doesn't pick up the wifi network on the first go.